1. Parking will NOT be permitted at the swim start/T-1 (Transition 1 - Swim to Bike) at Young Lake/Camp Barnard on race day (this is the same as last year). A bus shuttle service will be available free of charge from T-2 (Transition 2 – Bike to Run) at John Phillips Memorial Park to bring you to the race start (Click here for map)
2. Parking at Young Lake/Camp Barnard will be permitted on Saturday for the bike drop (the day before the race), so carpooling is encouraged.
3. Race Day parking for T-2, the Finish Area, and the Bus Shuttle pick-up is at John Phillips Memorial Park and can only be accessed via TOWNSEND ROAD (which is accessible from Sooke Road east of the Otter Point Road turn-off - Click here for map).
Interested in carpooling to this event?
Sign up here for a PickUpPal account and become a member of a growing and dynamic community. It is free to join and to use. PickupPal can track the number of rides they have given or taken and the number of kilometers they have carpooled and we can keep track of the amount of carbon emissions we have collectively reduced as a result.
Race Day Logistics for the two Transition Areas
- Start your day at Transition #2 (bike to run) at the John Phillips Memorial Park,
PLEASE NOTE: Parking for T-2 and Bus pick-up is at John Phillips Memorial Park and can only be accessed via TOWNSEND ROAD (which is accessible from Sooke Road east of the Otter Point Road turn-off). Parking will NOT be available via Otter Point Road at Mulligan’s as per previous years. Townsend Road is not accessible from Otter Point Road. Click here for map (this is where you will park your car for the day; do not park at Camp Barnard)
- You will need to set up your running gear at T-2 before you board the shuttle bus that will take you to the start of the race at Transition #1 at Camp Barnard.
- John Phillips Memorial Park is where you will finish your bike ride, start your run, and finish your race.
- Please try to car-pool or arrange to be dropped-off at John Phillips Memorial Park.
Bus Shuttle Schedule
2013 Shuttle Schedule Coming Soon!